Covering the ruins of the ancient Roman forum of Lugdunum, the Fourvière hill was dedicated to the Virgin Mary as early as the Middle Ages. Thus, in 1643, the city's aldermen vowed to establish an annual pilgrimage to thank the city's patron saint. This scene is represented in the chapel dedicated to the Virgin on the magnificent stained glass window by Lucien Begule, alongside the many ex-votos that line the walls. Many of these ex-votos still adorn the walls of this chapel. Spanning several centuries, they embody countless stories of fragility and perseverance.