Place Général Leclerc,
The Parc de la Tête d'Or is a public park created by the Bühler brothers and opened in 1857. It includes a rose garden, a botanical and zoological garden, a lake, an orangery, and a velodrome. A place for walking and leisure activities, the Parc de la Tête d'Or has hosted two International Expos, notably the Colonial Exhibition of 1894.
A first restaurant built for the Colonial Exhibition, called Le Chalet du Parc, remained in operation after the closing of the Exhibition. In 1963, it was completely rebuilt. A place of festivities and leisure activities widely appreciated by the people of Lyon, it closed in 2013 and has remained unoccupied since. It is reinvested on the occasion of the 16th Biennial of Contemporary Art, giving it a new lease on life for a few months.